Sunday, May 6, 2018

Thing 16: Bitmoji



Wow! I've used Bitmoji in Snapchat but I never knew there was a Chrome extension. I am going to have ridiculous amounts of fun commenting on my students' Google Docs and slides. My students and I love memes and I feel like this just adds a whole new level of understanding content and building relationships. I am going to have my students as a review exercise create a "bitstrip" on a historical event and challenge them to explain an event only through Bitmojis. (Several of my coworkers use Snapchat a lot so I am sure they will be thrilled to find a Chrome extension like I was). I also like the idea of using a Bitmoji to annotate a text. I have trouble getting students to relate to historical text so by adding this dimension I feel that they will enjoy it a lot more and put sincere effort into annotating. Thank you so much for sharing this, I am so excited to try this and share it!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a fun project! Reminds me of the comic book versions of "history" my brother used to read when we were kids. :) Much more engaging for me at age 6 than a history book.

    ReplyDelete